Massage is probably one of the oldest healing traditions. Many ancient people – including the ancient Greeks, Egyptians, Chinese, and Indians – were convinced of the therapeutic properties of massage and used it to treat various ailments.
Massage therapy (including myotherapy) is the practice of “kneading” or moving muscles and other soft tissues to improve their well-being or health. This is a form of manual therapy that involves holding, moving, and applying pressure to the muscles, tendons, ligaments, and fascia.
The term ‘massage therapy’ is used to describe a wide variety of techniques that differ in the way touch, pressure, and intensity of treatment are applied.
Massage as a cure for some health problems
Studies show that massage is effective in:
- chronic low back pain;
- muscle soreness with a delayed onset;
- soft tissue injuries;
- high blood pressure;
Benefits of massage
One of the immediate benefits of massage is the feeling of deep relaxation and calm. This is because massage triggers the release of endorphins, brain chemicals (neurotransmitters) that create a sense of well-being.
Levels of stress hormones, such as adrenaline, cortisol, and norepinephrine, are also reduced.
The massage is effective:
- reduces muscle pain and tension;
- improves blood circulation;
- stimulates the lymphatic system;
- provides a feeling of relaxation and relaxation of the body;
- reduces stress hormones;
- improves skin tone;
- reduces anxiety and depression.
When to be careful?
There are some cases in which massage may not be recommended or you can do it only after a doctor’s recommendation.
Such cases are:
- if you are pregnant;
- if you have a rash, cuts, or infections;
- if you suspect fractures and broken bones;
– You can give yourself a massage whenever you feel tense, stiff, or just want to relax completely;
– There are many different types of massages, so to choose the most suitable for your specific needs, consult our expert
Give yourself a dose of relaxation in a relaxed atmosphere with our massages performed by true professionals.