Laser carbon peeling is a quick and painless procedure that helps to improve the appearance of the skin. It is used mainly for people with oily skin, acne, and enlarged or clogged pores. This treatment is also useful if you start to see the effects of UV damage on your skin.
What are the benefits of laser carbon peel?
Laser carbon peeling aims to exfoliate the skin in depth. The procedure also helps to stimulate collagen production for healthy and beautiful skin. Most often this type of peeling is applied to:
– acne pigmentation
– acne scars
– enlarged and clogged pores
– fine lines and wrinkles.
What is the difference between carbon peel and chemical peel?
If you are interested in this type of cosmetic procedure, you may be wondering “Why carbon peels?”. Chemical peels are used to treat the same conditions, but here are some differences between the two procedures:
– laser carbon peels use heat instead of chemicals to achieve visible results;
– laser carbon peeling does not require recovery time;
– People with sensitive skin or skin conditions such as eczema usually experience less redness and irritation after carbon peels than chemical peels.
What is the procedure itself?
Laser carbon peeling is a process that takes about 30 minutes, and here’s what you can expect from the procedure:
– At the beginning of the procedure, your therapist will spread a layer of liquid carbon on your face. Carbon absorbs sebum, dirt, and dead skin cells from the pores;
– The therapist will pass an Nd: YAG laser with a low-energy setting on the skin. This heats the carbon, connecting it to the epidermis; – You will wait about 10 minutes for the liquid carbon to dry; – Once the carbon is dry, your therapist will give you glasses to protect your eyes from the laser;
– The therapist will pass an Nd: YAG laser with a low-energy setting on the skin. This heats the carbon, connecting it to the epidermis;
– If you have very sensitive skin or dark spots such as melasma, your therapist may recommend skipping the warm-up step. The laser also heats the subcutaneous tissue, increasing collagen levels and filling in fine lines;
– At higher energy settings, the laser will be used to fragment the liquid carbon into small particles; – The smoke evaporator attached to the laser will remove the carbon as well as the residues and impurities it contains; – The last step is to apply moisturizing and sunscreen on your face. – You should immediately see healthier, radiant skin and tighter pores. If you have sensitive skin, you may experience a slight tingling or reddening of the skin. This usually lasts an hour or less.
Is the procedure effective?
Laser carbon peeling is very effective in improving the appearance of oily skin and enlarged pores. If you have severe acne or acne scars, it may take several treatments before you see full results. Fine lines and wrinkles should also be visibly reduced after one or more procedures.
– After the procedure, continue to take good care of your skin by moisturizing it daily and applying sunscreen;
– Carbon laser therapy does not require a recovery period.