The appearance of red or blue capillaries on the body or face is caused by dilated blood vessels in the superficial areas of the skin. They can be very unpleasant and completely ruin your vision.
And while removing them may seem like a complicated procedure, the truth is that capillaries can be easily removed. The most effective way to remove capillaries is laser therapy. Laser light energy is selectively focused on blood vessels. The energy is then transferred from the laser to the vein, causing the blood to evaporate and the vein to contract and be absorbed into the tissue. After treatment, the capillaries may darken, but within 1-4 weeks their appearance will be reduced.
Single small capillaries, spider veins, and hemangiomas on the nose, chin, cheeks, legs, and body can be removed.
What do you need to know about laser capillary removal?
– Laser therapy can be done all year round (also in summer).
– You should not sunbathe for at least two weeks before and after treatment.
– You should not exfoliate the skin before and after treatment.
– After treatment, you may feel some swelling and/or redness of the skin, which will decrease in a few hours to 1-2 days.
– Laser therapy cannot be used to treat large leg veins.
– Laser therapy is a good follow-up treatment for sclerotherapy after 1 month.
How to prepare your skin for laser capillary removal?
4 weeks before treatment:
– Avoid laser, IPL procedures, and skin procedures, including cosmetic peels.
2 weeks before treatment:
– Avoid fake tan, solarium;
– Avoid hair removal, including electrolysis, waxing, and depilation;
– Avoid direct sun exposure and ensure daily use of SPF 50.
1 week before treatment:
– Avoid applying vitamin A to the skin;
– Avoid exfoliating products.
How to take care of your skin after treatment?
You may feel bruising, redness, and swelling in the treated areas, this is completely normal and usually disappears within 3-5 days, following the recommended instructions for extra care.
1 - 5 days after a treatment:
– Avoid exposing the treated area to direct sunlight and always use high-factor sunscreen;
– Avoid direct heat (hot showers, saunas, or hair dryers);
– Avoid strenuous exercise, saunas, etc. At least 5 days after treatment;
– Apply cooling products to the treated skin.